Hoof Print

Gender Bender Day Causes Confusion

As students arrived to school Tuesday, April 28, they prepared for a day of opposites.

Calloway Anderson, Staff Writer

As a part of senior spirit week, gender bender day is extremely popular and a widespread favorite at Ola. While walking the halls, one may have to do a double take in order to figure out whether a student is a boy or a girl.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Gender Bender Day Causes Confusion”

1. #CuteHair on August 22nd, 2016 10:07 pm

I do not think that a gender bender day is very appropriate. I am sixteen myself and I am a Christian Baptist believer in Jesus Christ himself. I don’t find these outfits or the idea of a gender bender day is very appropriate nor the idea of sex change. God made to be a boy/girl because that’s the way he wanted you. He has a plan for you and doing the wrong of sex change and/or anything influencing or encouraging it is wrong. So whoever reads this or hears this, don’t think I’m boring giving you this lecture and piece of advice. It’s called growing up. You can do it too as whatever sex you are. If you’re feeling confused, I understand. My father has not been the most gentle of men over the ages and anger issues have been a struggle for me. But keep trucking. It’ll be OK.?Just please don’t drink, don’t smoke, dont do drugs. Don’t be the bad people you would be. Be the awesome, natural, American you!?

[Reply]

2. LGBT Supporter on February 4th, 2017 4:01 pm

Honestly the Christian community needs to realize that not everyone on Earth is the same. I respect that you believe that this is inappropriate, you have the right to your own beliefs, just as transgender, transsexual, bisexual, gay, and lesbian people have the right to their own beliefs. I am a 16 year-old heterosexual female and I believe that everyone has the right to express themselves however they want and what they believe is the best choice for themselves. Believers of Jesus Christ preach so much on how God made everyone perfectly, yet unfortunately you guys are always the first one to judge the LGBT community. God made the LGBT community for a reason, like you guys say “God doesn’t make mistakes.” He surely did not make a mistake on a person who feels attracted to the same gender or feels the need to change their gender. Doing a gender bender day at a high school teaches kids to be open to other people and ideas and it makes the LGBT community feel appreciated and loved, because frankly they are. by so many. I just think that sometimes you guys need to be considerate of other people and not be so blocked by your view of God. Again, I just want to make it clear that I have nothing against the Christian community or against you, I just think that sometimes people need to be considerate of what others say because everyone is a human with feelings. Gender Bender Day is also fun for teenagers, a way to see how they would dress up as the opposite gender if they were one. It doesn’t mean that they want to change who they are, it’s just a nice and fun way to be someone else for a day. It’s not in any means a way to disrespect the Christian community or target you all, it’s just a way for teenagers to have fun, even if you don’t believe in it. But if they do want to change themselves, then it isn’t something wrong either.

[Reply]

Gender Bender Day Causes Confusion