Hoof Print

Do not vote for Donald Trump. Please.

Ethan Zakrewski, News Editor

On Tuesday, Georgia voters, along with voters from 11 other states, will go to their primary voting locations to cast their ballots on the most important day of the 2016 election cycle: Super Tuesday. With the most recent polls showing Donald Trump having the support of 40 percent of voters, I could not stay quiet any longer.

Georgia voters, you must not vote for Donald Trump to become the Republican candidate for President of the United States for three reasons:

REASON 1: Donald Trump is a pathological liar.

Sunday on CNN, Trump was asked if he knew of David Duke. a former leader of the KKK who had endorsed his run for president. Trump claimed he “didn’t know” Duke, but in 2000, he was quoted as stating Duke was a serious problem of the Reform Party. Trump has also claimed to be against illegal immigration, but that too has been proven to be a lie by his use of 200 undocumented Polish workers to build his famed Trump Tower. Finally, Trump has claimed to be against Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party, but he has donated to both with over $500,000 of his going to the DNC.

REASON 2: Donald Trump has the maturity of a prepubescent boy in gym class.

“My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”

“I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

“The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of a**.”

All four of these quotes are words uttered by Donald Trump himself. There’s not much more that I can add other than the idea that you shouldn’t vote for a creepy (the man has considered incest), sexually driven (he made an implied joke about his male genitalia), and arrogant (he flaunted his wealth) man who objectifies women as merely a body.

REASON 3: Donald Trump has no real plans

When Donald Trump was asked how he would build his signature wall along the border with Mexico, he responded “I will and the wall just got 10 feet taller, believe me. It just got 10 feet taller. I saw him make that — I saw him make the statement. I saw him use the word that he used. I can only tell you, if I would have used even half of that word, it would have been a national scandal. This guy used a filthy, disgusting word on television and he should be ashamed of himself and he should apologize, OK?”

Now, as you may notice, that’s not a plan.

When it comes to healthcare, Trump’s plan is to “not let people die in the streets.”

Again, as you may notice, he doesn’t tell us how he plans to accomplish his goals.

A vote for Trump on Tuesday is a vote for Washington to go from an already disoriented place into utter chaos. Primary voters, the American people need you to keep sanity important to American politics. I urge you, do not vote for Donald Trump to become the GOP’s nominee for the 2016 Presidential election.

Disclaimer: the views expressed in this article do not reflect the opinion of Hoof Print staff or Ola High School, rather the opinion of the author.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Do not vote for Donald Trump. Please.”

1. Salina Patel on February 29th, 2016 11:36 pm

This article is so well written and presented very nicely.

[Reply]

2. Walker Hellinger on March 1st, 2016 1:03 am

So who are you voting for then??

[Reply]

3. Mr. Hudnut on March 1st, 2016 8:22 am

VERY well written piece, and touching.

[Reply]

4. Alice Jordon on March 1st, 2016 10:18 am

You made your point loud and clear!

[Reply]

5. George Sanders on March 1st, 2016 12:11 pm

Please, everyone needs to listen to this young man!
    Even experienced adults should take a look.
    Never has there been a more informed student!
    I was simply delighted by this intelligent article!
    Salute to this beautiful article, from an adult!

[Reply]

6. Phil Evans on March 2nd, 2016 12:52 am

This is literally me. Like o.k. if you feel he is cool because he is rich and charismatic that’s cool I feel you it’s the same reason I voted for Bernie (except the fact that he has ideas I believe in), but the sheer amount of faults that have come to the forefront are simply astounding. It’s almost like the amazing system of vetting a president or a government official has simply been thrown out of the window. It is really disheartening that especially so close to our home there are so many people that voted for this man. Like he can clearly be compared to so many bad people in history, yet here we are going with Donald Trump. I mean the man won nearly 40% of the vote in Georgia and over that amount in Henry County. Like at least give me a real reason for liking him, because right now I don’t even like the man.

[Reply]

7. Julia Speycial on March 12th, 2016 12:11 pm

I’m vote for him and wow the other to are liars !!! Trump I hope you win

[Reply]

Do not vote for Donald Trump. Please.