Hoof Print

Mustang TV reinvents the reel

The new cast of Mustang TV showcases new faces and new ideas.

Hunter+Wykoff+records+Caitlin+Battle+and+Nemo+Kordik%2C+all+seniors%2C+for+another+episode+of+MTV.+They+were+shooting+footage+for+the+September+1+edition.+
Hunter Wykoff records Caitlin Battle and Nemo Kordik, all seniors, for another episode of MTV. They were shooting footage for the September 1 edition.

Photo By: Jessica Louis

Photo By: Jessica Louis

Jessica Louis, Staff Writer

MTV is back for another season but they’ve brought a few changes along. Instead of the usual comedy show, the production is now working towards a more journalistic and informational approach to get students involved, as the adviser, McCreary wishes.

This is not to say that the aspect of comedy will be abandoned completely. Another change in the production of Mustang TV will be cast participation. Last year’s class members were designated strict positions. This year, individual tasks have become obsolete.

“Everyone can explore everything,” senior, Taylor McBride, said.

The last and maybe most dramatic change that will be seen this year is the quality of rehearsed skits.

Caitlin Battle, senior, said, “there are more drama kids, so story lines and skits will improve.”

Implementing these changes, though, takes a certain type of skill set. Most of the cast on Mustang TV would agree that time management is a must for efficient production.

“Social skills are important to have a productive and fun work environment,” Kennody Lewis, senior, said.

Having a successful production, of course, comes with many challenges. The Mustang TV shows that we view every Friday during lunch or study hall were definitely not made overnight. The whole cast of Mustang TV would agree that getting projects done on time is the number one most difficult task on the to-do list. But what else?

“The most difficult aspect is balancing roles between the experienced and inexperienced because it slows down production,”  senior, Caitlin Battle said.

“The real trouble comes when trying to get skits approved,” senior, Raven Woodlief said.

Whatever the case may be, Mustang TV will continue to deliver quality work, however they manage. The new changes to the cast and production will work to benefit the whole student body. And despite any challenges or rocky changes, the show must go on.