Students proceed to the next GHP interview

Happy hearts and faces are made on November 14th when 13 out of 26 students are announced to pass through county interviews for the Governor's Honors Program.

November 14, 2016

On the morning of November 14th, it Debra O’Quinn announced the 13 out of 26 OHS candidates who will be continuing past county for Governor’s Honors Program and will  be put through a process of paperwork to determine the state interview finalists.

O’Quinn, assistant principal, along with Mindy Manders, testing and graduation coach assistant, announced the students who made it through county interviews in the learning center during first period. Each student received a bag of cookies and a congratulations whether the student made it through or was just nominated.

There was not a student to pass county interviews in World Language or Science, but many students passed in other areas. There was only one sophomore to pass through, Emily Crawford for Drama.

13 out of 26 students pass through county interviews for the Govenor's Honors Program. Each student had to successfully fill out a never endign pile of paper work and shine at their county interviews to pass through to the next stage. Not pictured: Laura Anne Beacham, Summer Carmack, Connor Palacios, Maggie Robinson

Sav Simpson
13 out of 26 students pass through county interviews for the Governor’s Honors Program. Each student had to successfully fill out a never ending pile of paper work and shine at their county interviews to pass through to the next stage.
Not pictured: Laura Anne Beacham, Summer Carmack, Connor Palacios, Maggie Robinson

Students to pass county interviews: 

Laura Anne Beacham (11th grade) – Music

Kayley Boan (11th grade) – Communicative Arts

Arman Bryan (11th grade) – Social Studies

Summer Carmack (11th grade) – Music

Jackie Churchman (11th grade) – Agricultural Science

Emily Crawford (10th grade) – Theater

Mikayla Dye (11th grade) – Visual Arts

Christina Faglier  (11th grade) – Music

Nicole Farland  (11th grade) – Theater

Mackenzie Kelly (11th grade) – Theater

Connor Palacios (11th grade) – Music

Maggie Robinson (11th grade) – Mathematics

Taylor Watkins (11th grade) – Communicative Arts

Hoof Print • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in