Hoof Print

Athletes begin college careers

Yarik Sherling, senior, Tyler Jedding , senior, and Dylan McCloud, senior, sign their athletic contracts to further their football careers. Each indicator worked hard through high school to get to this point.

Bronlyn Holland

Bronlyn Holland

On February 1, 2017, Yarik Sherling, senior, Tyler Jedding, senior, and Dylan McCloud, senior, sign to further their football careers. Sherling will be playing at Georgia Military College. Jedding will be playing at Reinhardt University. McCloud will be playing at Savannah State University.

“It’s more of the proud moments besides all the stuff on the field…having players play at the next level and get their college degree and help it get paid for by the means of football, ” Jared Zito, head coach, said.

Throughout the years, the players have grown with leadership and maturity.

“I’ve matured a lot, because of my dad and my coaches. It has taught me a lot to be a leader and when I go to Savannah State, I can lead them even as a freshman,” McCloud said.

Jedding has also matured.

“It’s taught me more leadership… and how to control my emotions throughout the game,” Jedding said.

These athletes were offered one to a couple of football scholarships. There was much thinking which had to take place throughout the process.

” I choose Savannah State… because they showed me the most love out of any other college. They’re all about academics and family,” McCloud said.

Sherling has been the kicker for one year now and has put a lot of hard work into it.

“It’s an honor to be kicking for college as a freshman,” Sherling said about going into college. He wanted to start college his own way.

“Georgia Military is close to my home… it’s the best way to start college life for me,” Sherling said.

If an athlete is offered a scholarship to a school they want to go to, they could feel like they are on top of the world.

“It feels like all my dreams came true,” Jedding said.

1 Comment

One Response to “Athletes begin college careers”

1. yaroslav Sherling on February 3rd, 2017 10:57 am

I think all this would never happen if our coaches didn’t put lots of hard work into us!they coach us how to became better in football and in life over all!Also our parents that pay for us to play spend lot of time for us !.Students that come to the game and support us is our game spirit and it always been STRONG!!

[Reply]

• Athletes begin college careers

Golf takes on State

• Athletes begin college careers

Players fulfill expectation

• Athletics

Honor grads kick off festivities

• Athletes begin college careers

Lacrosse approaches senior night

• Athletes begin college careers

Rivals step up to the plate

• Athletes begin college careers

Mustangs strike out Luella

• Athletics

Swim team splashes into success

• Athletes begin college careers

Competition cheer shoots to be number one

• Athletes begin college careers

Basketball games show stylistic differences between the girls and boys

• Athletes begin college careers

A return to conditioning brings optimism to lacrosse team

Athletes begin college careers