Hoof Print

Students set sail for Italy

In association with EF Tours, Valerie Withers is taking students on a tour of Italy in the winter of 2018.

Insert+yourself+here%21+Valerie+Withers+stands+in+front+of+the+Trevi+Fountain+in+Rome%2C+Italy.+She+enjoyed+her+trip+so+much+she+changed+the+2018+tour+destination+to+Italy.+
Insert yourself here! Valerie Withers stands in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy. She enjoyed her trip so much she changed the 2018 tour destination to Italy.

Emilie Castillo, Managing Editor

Thursday, January 31, AP Literature teacher, Valerie Withers, held an informational meeting with teachers and students about the 2018 Italy tour; the meeting outlined the trip and persuaded many to go ahead and secure their spot.

The tour, scheduled for Winter break of next year, will cover Florence, Rome and Assisi over a span of eight days. Withers is pairing up with EF (Education First)Tours to get the best experience at the most affordable price. The company provides for transportation, entrance fees and a full time tour guide. Students will learn about Italy’s rich history while experiencing the modern day realities of its ancient cities.

For those interested, it’s best to move fast as the spots are filling up fast. Withers hopes to take 18 students, give or take a few, and 12 spots have as of yet been claimed. The costs for students is $2,760 ($3,160 for parents and teachers) with a $95 dollar deposit due no later than February 10. For more information visit Withers in room 121. To secure your place on the trip visit eftours.com/enroll.

1 Comment

One Response to “Students set sail for Italy”

1. Ashley Soriano on February 3rd, 2017 10:14 pm

I know y’all are doing great things, but I have to be the nit picky grammar person again and remind you about AP Style regarding dates! Refer to owl Purdue for an online AP Style guide that includes how to format dates! Anywho, I’m just being annoying. Congrats on almost finishing senior year, Em!

[Reply]

• Students set sail for Italy

News

Students mourn the loss of fellow classmate

• News

Photo essay: Senior breakfast spotlight

• Students set sail for Italy

Golf takes on State

• Academics

Directed study fuels passions

• Students set sail for Italy

News

Terrorists hold learning hostage

• Students set sail for Italy

News

Yearbook distribution begins

• News

Locust Grove hosts kickball tournament

• Students set sail for Italy

News

Student achievements recognized at Mustang of the Month Breakfast

• Students set sail for Italy

News

The wedding of the (3rd period) class

• Students set sail for Italy

News

Relay for Life exceeds goals

Students set sail for Italy