Wrestlers sign to further athletic dreams

Haury and Daniels pose with Coach Gue , athletic director, after officially signing. The two have wrestled for most of their middle and high school career.

Payton DiSario

Payton DiSario

Payton DiSario

Nick Bates, Staff Writer

Seniors John (Jack)  Haury and Hunter Daniel both signed off to the colleges of their choice on March 15 to further their athletic careers.

Daniel signed to Briar Cliff University to further his wrestling and football career.

“It is very exciting and I’m blessed to receive the opportunity” Daniels said.

Haury signed to Huntingdon college for wrestling.  

“It’ll be fun to have everything new again” Haury said.

The two athletes signed  surrounded by coaches, family and friends. Both anticipate the transition to be an exciting time in their lives and look forward to starting this new chapter after graduation in May.

“It’s really cool to have a whole new set of goals to go after” Haury said.

They both have been actively involved at Ola High School, as well as in their other interests and pastimes.

Hunter Daniel, senior,  signs to Briar university for wrestling and football. Daniel  played football and wrestled in high school since his freshman year.

John (Jack) Haury, senior, signs to Huntingdon College for wrestling. Haury wrestled for several years and has been a part of the Ola wrestling community through middle and high school.