Mustangs of the month hit on all cylinders

Audrey Mcgee, junior, and Angelica Zac-Williams, senior, pose for a picture as they receive their certificates and trophies for Mustangs of the month. McGee and Zac-Williams were the first two recipients for Mustangs of the month for the month of March as McGee was nominated by Krista Holland, Regular and Honors American Literature, teacher and Zac-Williams was nominated by Billy Dickerson, AP Environmental Science and Environmental Science, teacher.

Nick Ellis

Nick Ellis

Nick Ellis

Trenton Hill, Sports Editor

Every month, the faculty and administration rewards stand-out students who were nominated by their teachers for their leadership ability, their ability to progress or their ability to have a great attitude in and out of the classroom. There are typically two students who are selected each month, but for the month of March, there were three: Audrey McGee, junior; Angelica Zac-Williams, senior; and Elliana Meisinger, freshman.

Elliana Meisinger, freshman, smiles as her picture was taken for Mustang of the month. Meisinger was the third recipient for Mustang of the month for the month of March as she was nominated by Stacey Schmuhl, US History and AP Human Geography, teacher.

“Anytime we get to three, then that means that there was a tie somewhere in the voting. We have a lot of kids this month who have really exemplified what ‘Ola-tude’ is. Those who have gone above and beyond to be leaders in their classrooms, and helping their peers,” Nick Ellis, assistant principal, said.

Although the three students selected were selected for the month of March, they have the opportunity to be selected for any of the following months for the remainder of the school year.

“It depends on who the teacher nominates. There is nothing that says you cannot be a Mustang of the Month or nominee only in one month. If you have worked hard and done the right thing then you will get recognized. We want to recognize the kids as much as we can,” Ellis said.

As the school year comes to a close, the race becomes even tighter as each student is trying to put their best foot forward and go out on a good note.

About the Writer
Trenton Hill, Writer

Photographer and writer, Trenton Hill ends his high school career as being a first year staff member on the publication. Hill transferred from Morrow High...