Ola Senior Spirit Week comes to an end with a blackout

A+group+of+seniors+poses+for+the+final+day+of+senior+spirit+week.+The+students+could+not+stop+laughing+while+posing.+++

A group of seniors poses for the final day of senior spirit week. The students could not stop laughing while posing.

Katie Morris, Staff Writer

• Jillian Alston and Ali Keener, seniors, pose in all black to celebrate their last spirit week. Alston and Keener’s favorite day was opposite day.

• Dalton Thomas, Jada Cook and Calye Beale, seniors, dress in all black for their last day of senior week. “I enjoyed spirit week and seeing everyone else dress up,” Cook said.

• Mckenzie Scott, and Trinity Adzobu, seniors, showing their senior spirit. They were excited to see everyone participate.

• Quay Hardy, senior, dresses up for his finale of spirit week. Hardy thought it was fun dressing up with friends this week

Though the weather was bad, the blackout at Ola on Friday was not caused by a power failure. It was the Ola Seniors dressed in all black for the last day of Spirit week. Usually, blackouts are used at sporting events to intimidate the opposition.  For many of the seniors, their final blackout as a high school student was an opportunity to celebrate and show solidarity. As the school year winds down, the last few weeks are often very stressful for seniors. Their spirit week gives them one last hurrah before testing and graduation prep begins. Everyone had a fun time giving underclassman something to look forward to their senior year.