Lady Mustangs Sprint to State Playoffs

Lady Mustangs Sprint to State Playoffs

Ali Powell,#11 and Angelica Zac-Williams, #30 close in a player from Locust Grove. The Lady Mustangs have worked diligently in the process of preparing for state playoffs.

Photo Courtesy Of Daniel Stowers

Photo Courtesy Of Daniel Stowers

Photo Courtesy Of Daniel Stowers

Ashley Edwards, Photo Editor

The Varsity Lady Mustangs have worked diligently to make it to the state playoffs on May 2 at McIntosh High School. With a winning record of 10, they are excited to go onto the field and conquer.

“Obviously I’m nervous, I think that we’ve been working very hard this season and like the final countdown so I’m hoping that it goes well and I feel like there’s a lot of potential on our team,” Faith Ferguson, junior, captain of the team and #11.

After only being in action for a few years, the lacrosse team has successfully made it to the first round of state. Ferguson is proud of how the team has grown over the years since she has been a part of it.

“I’ve been here since the second year that lacrosse started, so, looking back on whenever I first started, it was like I never thought I’d be in this position, especially, like, being a captain. It’s a huge moment to be able to lead the team to this final moment,” Ferguson said.

Morgan Bixler, junior and #12, is also extremely excited for the team’s success. She recognizes the team’s hard work through the years.

“I’ve seen it grow a lot, our skills have improved, our attitudes have improved, just everything [has improved],” Bixler said.

Lacrosse has shocked with their excellence in the short years they have been a team. They all hope for great results after the game.

“Either way at the end of the day, we’re still gonna be a team, it’s still gonna be a great game,” Ferguson said.