Bell Delivers the Extra Point

Micah+Bell%2C+sophomore%2C+values+schoolwork+and+his+grades+just+as+much+as+football.+It+took+him+some+time%2C+but+he+found+a+balance+between+school%2C+and+sports.+

Bell Delivers the Extra Point

Micah Bell, sophomore, values schoolwork and his grades just as much as football. It took him some time, but he found a balance between school, and sports.

Emma Alexander

Emma Alexander

Emma Alexander

Emma Alexander, Staff Writer

One of Ola High School’s underrated players Micah Bell, sophomore, holds a bright future ahead of him. 

With dreams of going to the University of Georgia and pursuing football as his career, he focuses and works diligently on becoming the best player and leader he can be. 

“I really just play for my family, and I keep going because they spend a lot of time, effort, and money into me just for football. So I want to pay them back by doing my best and hopefully getting a scholarship,” Bell said.

Football being his main focus, Bell pursues other sports including basketball and track.. While trying to juggle all the sports he plays, he often finds it difficult to keep his grades afloat but still manages. 

“Keeping up with football and your grades is very hard. You know I have practice, and then I have to come home, eat, shower, and then a little time for homework. It’s just hard because you have to go to sleep and get back up early the next morning and do it all again,” Bell said.

When playing football or any sport, Bell finds it very important to be uplifting whether that comes with himself or his teammates.

“My favorite thing about being on the team is it’s like a brotherhood, we are all by each other’s side. If one man goes down, we all pick him back up,” Bell said.

Bells acts of leadership and his love for the game do not go unnoticed. Jared Zito, head coach of both the varsity and junior varsity football teams, admires Bell’s constant enthusiasm for his sports. 

Emma Alexander
Micah Bell, sophomore and number 35, put in the extra work to be the best player and teammate he can be. Bell values self-improvement and continues to go the extra mile.

“Micah is a great player, a very hard worker, a positive attitude, and has a very bright future ahead of him. He’s just under the radar right now. I just appreciate him a lot, he doesn’t run his mouth, and he’s not selfish. He always does what’s asked of him and he has such a high talent level,” Zito said.

When searching for players, Zito looks for students who lead by example and model that behavior well. Another important trait is athletes who are encouraging and support the other teammates.

“He was voted on our leadership council, so as a 10th grader his peers nominated him as a leader. He’s a quiet leader, he always does the right thing and leads by example and always gives a great effort, and always has a great attitude which i think spreads to his teammates,” Zito said.

With talent and ambition that comes natural to Bell, many people are expecting to see him do great things in life.