Mustangs Team Up for Spirit Week

Mustangs Team Up for Spirit Week

Janay Avery, freshman, (squatting, left) poses with her friends in their favorite jerseys. She couldn't help but express her excitement for her first homecoming dance and game.

Ashley Edwards

Ashley Edwards

Ashley Edwards

Kortney Huggins and Ashley Edwards

Homecoming week at Ola is in full swing. Olas students and staff engage in the themes for each day building up excitement for the game and the dance at the end of the week.

With Monday being character day, a minuscule 18% of students and staff participated. However, on jersey day on Tuesday, numbers were up.

“My favorite part about jersey day is that a lot of people can show off their favorite teams or their favorite players… People get to show things that they enjoy and that’s really fun,” Madeline Garrett, senior, said.

Jersey day is an innovational way to allow students and staff to represent the teams they root for, and also a way for participants to get creative.

“I wore my Bruno Mars jersey because my team jersey is kind of old. Plus I just love Bruno Mars,” Garrett said.

Teachers are keeping track of the amount of participants in each grade level and at the end of Homecoming week, the grade with the most points will be one step closer to gaining the reputable spirit-stick. Even though participants  were all wearing different jerseys, at the end of the day, the Mustangs are all on the same team.