Ola Parades Through Homecoming

Ola holds their annual pep rally and parade once more and the results were spooky.

Ola%27s+volleyball+team+dresses+like+Georgie+from+the+popular+horror+movie+%22It%22.+Just+as+the+camera+clicked%2C+the+team+jumped+at+the+loud+popping+of+a+balloon.+

Ola Parades Through Homecoming

Ola's volleyball team dresses like Georgie from the popular horror movie

Ola's volleyball team dresses like Georgie from the popular horror movie "It". Just as the camera clicked, the team jumped at the loud popping of a balloon.

Payton DiSario

Payton DiSario

Payton DiSario

Payton DiSario, Media & Sports Editor

Ola High School’s homecoming week traditions take spirit a step further than most schools and Friday, Oct. 25 was no exception. As always, students involved in various sports or activities decorated a float together according to that year’s theme, dressed up together, and paraded together through Ola Elementary, Middle and High School. This year’s theme was Halloween films in honor of the dance happening only five days before the holiday. 

“I loved getting to see all of the elementary school kids excited to see us. It took me back to when I was the one sitting at Ola Elementary and waiting for the day I could be in the parade myself,” Lynzie Lyle, senior, said. 

Although multiple schools had the opportunity to witness the 2019 parade, the high schoolers and their families get to return to the school for a pep rally straight afterward. The cheerleaders perform, the band plays, the homecoming court is recognized and the Spirit Stick is awarded. This year’s Spirit Stick went to the class of 2020, although that did not keep the underclassmen from enjoying themselves. 

“The pep rally was an insanely fun moment to celebrate being an Ola Mustang,” Justin Zac-Williams, junior, said. 

The parade and pep rally were the perfect way to spark excitement and unite students and families for that night’s football game against Ola’s rival, Union Grove. 

“I loved seeing everyone in the community come together to have a good time and to celebrate each other,” Anneliese Coons, junior, said.