Community mourns loss of student

Courtesy of Emily Hassebroek

Ola students mourn loss of Justice Farmer. Student shared memories of their friend.

Maria Adams, Managing Editor

On Feb. 19, 2020, Justice Farmer, former Ola High School student, suddenly passed away. She was born on July 5, 2005 in Georgia. J. Farmer lived in multiple states but eventually came back home.

“There is more than a million words in the world, but there will never be enough to describe how beautiful she was, inside and out,” Emily Hassebroek, freshman, said. 

She was very dedicated to her art and music, specifically K-Pop. Farmer was a member of Ola’s choir. Her friends and family say her spirit and openness made others come together.

“She was a very uplifting person, she always had a smile on her face, she was always making sure everybody was okay,” Cadence Shupe-Marchetti, freshman, said. Shupe-Marchetti was a close friend of Farmer since eighth grade.

Farmer is survived by her parents, Erin Witham, Jesse and Katie Tyndall; her siblings, Jacob, Jeremiah and Jacy Tyndall, Emily and Nolan Hassebroek; her beloved pets. 

Her funeral services were held on Feb. 24, 2020, and a memorial service organized by Emily Hassebroek will be held on a later date. 

Grief counselors are available to students who need them.