School Spirit Ends the Week

Students yelled and cheered as floats rode by and threw candy.

Taylor Watkins, Staff Writer

Homecoming week came to an end on Friday, October 3rd. Students of sports, clubs, class, and court were part of the parade. They decorated huge floats and fancy cars to parade around the schools. The school day ended with a pep rally in the gym, and the senior class won the spirit stick.

Seniors ride in the parade on homecoming court. They were all decked out in dresses and suits.

Taylor Watkins

HOSA puts the finishing touches on their parade float. HOSA had a big group walking in the parade.

Taylor Watkins

Cheerleaders get ready to ride in the Homecoming parade. They were all dressed up in their uniforms and pompoms.

Taylor Watkins

Hailey, freshmen, rides to greet the elementary students. She was pretty in pink.

Taylor Watkins

Freshmen get excited for the parade. The class of 2018 had a small float, but it was full of character.

Taylor Watkins

The art clubs crush Woodland sign was a huge hit. The art club won best club float.

Taylor Watkins

HOSA members dressed in scrubs for their organization. They finished decorating and were ready for the parade.

Taylor Watkins

The class of 2017 reminds us of the important things in life. They won the best class float.

Taylor Watkins

The football team gets pumped up for the parade. Three different floats held the football players.

Taylor Watkins

The freshmen court is excited about their first time in Homecoming. Their were four freshmen participants.

Taylor Watkins

Middle school group gets in character for the Oz themed parade. Many middle school clubs and sports were part of the parade.

Taylor Watkins

The band beats their drums through the whole parade. All the members had their instruments.

Taylor Watkins

ROTC carries flags to the elementary school. The cadets were dressed in full uniform.

Taylor Watkins

The band makes their way to the elementary school. They played their instruments for the children.

Taylor Watkins

The middle school cheerleaders float is covered with balloons. They first place at their last competition.

Taylor Watkins
The middle school cheerleaders float is covered with balloons. They were first place at their last competition.

Juniors Alex and Maddie wave as they ride to in the parade. Their black jeep stood out well.

Taylor Watkins
Juniors,  Alex and Maddie wave as they ride to in the parade. Their black jeep stood out well.

Holly and TJ ride their mustang in the parade. These juniors had an american theme car.

Taylor Watkins
Holly and TJ ride their mustang in the parade. These juniors had an American themed car.

Juniors turn the corner to the elementary school. Juniors had great spirit for homecoming week.

Taylor Watkins

Taylor and Kimberly ride together in the Homecoming Parade. They won king and queen of Homecoming.

Taylor Watkins

Katie, senior, rides in the parade on the senior court. She was dressed in blue.

Taylor Watkins

Gregory, senior, is part of the homecoming court. He rode in on a jeep.

Taylor Watkins

Horses trotted behind a float. The kids were very excided to see them.

Taylor Watkins

Students line up to watch the parade. Most of the floats threw candy to the spectators.

Taylor Watkins

Iddings rides by in a fully decorated golf cart. This was his last homecoming ever at Ola.

Taylor Watkins

Middle school band director, Mr. Teti, walks with the band. The middle school band got to be a part of the parade too.

Taylor Watkins

Fowler throws candy to the spectators. He was walking with the middle school football team.

Taylor Watkins

Yearbook float rides to the middle school. All of the yearbook members were dressed up.

Taylor Watkins

Limson, freshmen, rides at the end of freshmen court. All the court member were excited for the parade.

Taylor Watkins

Rachel and Jay ride together as part of the sophomore court. Their car was decorated green and gold.

Taylor Watkins

Class of 2017 rides to the middle school. They built a tower topped with a witch to display to Wizard of Oz theme.

Taylor Watkins

Senior float wows the crowd. Their float did not win the best class float.

Taylor Watkins

The band gets ready to play at the pep rally. They just finished marching in the parade.

Taylor Watkins

Cheerleaders work to get the crowd excited. They led the crowds in multiple cheers.

Taylor Watkins

Football team runs out to greet the students. The softball and footballs teams were both presented.

Taylor Watkins

The homecoming pairs get ready to walk through the gym. They had just finished riding in the parade.

Taylor Watkins

The entire court sits at one end of the gym for the whole school to see. Every grade was represented.

Taylor Watkins

Grades play against each other in tug-of-war. Students from the bleachers ran to encourage their players.

Taylor Watkins

The dance team performs for the pep rally. They were also part of the parade.

Taylor Watkins

The grades play another relay game. The crowd cheered for their team.

Taylor Watkins

The students cheer for their grade. Everyone wanted to win the spirit stick.

Taylor Watkins

In the end, the seniors get the spirit stick. They had the most participation on every day of spirit week.

Taylor Watkins

About the Writer
Taylor Watkins, Editor-in-Chief

I am editor-in-chief of the Hoof Print staff and a senior in my fourth year of journalism. I am looking forward to a great year with a great staff. I am...