Fine Arts Superhero Roams the Halls

Harrison Stenson proves to be a fine arts superhero with his art-filled schedule.

Salina Patel, Staff Writer

Harrison sings “Run to Me” By Pentatonix with Brian Adams, Drew Bradley, Connor Desautels, and Jordan Green. They performed at the chorus concert last spring.

While some kids venture to the fine arts hallway for only one creative outlet, Harrison Stenson, Junior, is involved in four of the programs offered at the school.

Stenson is a member of the drama department, the band, the orchestra, and the men’s quartet at Ola High School. He has performed in talent shows, musicals, and concerts and is a section leader in the Marching Mustangs.

When asked what made him so interested in all these fine arts Stenson stated, “Mostly my love for music and the culture of the arts program at this school is just one that’s fun to be a part of.” The atmosphere in the fine arts hallway is one that makes him feel at home.

Currently Stenson’s main focus is the band program because of all the time he puts in Marching Band. Stenson said, “The program that Mr. Manson and Mr. Walker have set up is one that has taught me so much as a musician and as a person.”

Michael Johnston, Marching Mustangs drum major,  stated “Harrison is an excellent member of the marching band. That kid is going places.”

Just like Johnston stated, Stenson has gone places. The quartet Stenson participates in performs at talent shows, preshows, and sporting events. Most recently the four men performed the national anthem at the circus.

Members of the quartet at Ola see Stenson’s dedication to music and performing. Drew Bradley, senior, stated, “Harrison is fun to work with and has an excellent voice. I think he has a  bright future ahead of him.”

Stenson has big plans for his future. He wants to make music the center of his life. “Once I graduate, I plan to go to a good music school and major in either cello performance or voice performance, and possibly double major in music education,” stated Stenson.