Update on the Red Tails

Mary Mangual, Student Life Editor

Cadets Jasmine Carter and Tameescha Beliard smile for a picture after accepting their national title. Sargent Torrance McGee said that they will compete in All Forces Nationals.
Courtesy of Clivette Webb

In an interview earlier this week, Sargent Torrance McGee said that though the Dual Unarmed Exhibition team qualified at nationals for what is called the Armed Forces drill meet they would not compete because Ola’s prom fell on the same day as the competition and the girls had already bought their dresses. However, today, McGee recalled that statement after finding out that the two events are actually scheduled for different days. Cadets Jasmine Carter and Tameescha Beliard will progress to the Armed Forces meet to compete against other teams from across both the nation and the different branches of the military (up to this point they have only competed against other Air Force Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps teams). McGee said that this competition will let them know if they are , “The best of the best.” On whether he knew this first-time team would make it this far McGee commented, “It progressed, they got better and better.”  The qualifying team will resume practice.