Decade Day Defies Time

Seniors start off Senior Week with a blast from the past that may have caused flashbacks for some teachers.

Brian Adams, Drew Bradley, and Eron Uebele rock three different decades. Uebele's boom box was still running and he blasted music throughout the day.

Salina Patel, Staff writer

Brian Adams, Drew Bradley, and Eron Uebele rock three different decades. Uebele’s boom box was still running and he blasted music throughout the day.

Kinsley McDonald, senior, and Reice Robinson, senior,  show off their 1920's style. Flapper dresses were common this decade day.

Kinsley McDonald, senior, and Reice Robinson, senior, show off their 1920’s style. The era of the 20’s really spoke to these two young women.

Emily Rutledge, senior, and Colin Shutz, senior, embrace the life style of a couple in the 60's. They coordinated their outfits so they would be from the same decade.

Emily Rutledge, senior, and Colin Shutz, senior, embrace the life style of a couple in the 60’s. They coordinated their outfits so they would be from the same decade.

Kimberly Carden captures the essence of a 1980's TV show character. Carden drew inspiration from Saved by the Bell character, Kelly Kapowski.

Kimberly Carden captures the essence of a 1980’s TV show character. Carden drew inspiration from Saved by the Bell character, Kelly Kapowski.

Yearbook seniors captivate the personalities of people who lived during their respective decades. They were all very excited when their heard that decade day would be a part of senior week.

Seniors pose in stereotypical hippie costumes. Many teachers complained that they did not always wear tie dye in the 70's contrary to popular belief.

Seniors pose in stereotypical hippie costumes. Many teachers complained that they did not always wear tie dye in the 70’s contrary to popular belief.

Seniors dress up for decade day. Ms. Withers'  had all her classes take a picture in the hallway.

Seniors dress up for decade day. Ms. Withers’ had all her classes take a picture in the hallway.

Rebekah Madorin, senior, and Jordan Germany, senior, love their 80's grudge style. Many seniors chose to rep the 80's for decade day this year.

Rebekah Madorin, senior, and Jordan Germany, senior, love their 80’s grudge style. Many seniors chose to rep the 80’s for decade day this year.

Ms. Withers' second period makes a timeline with their costumes. Their costumes ranged from the 1920's to the present.

Ms. Withers’ second period makes a timeline with their costumes. Their costumes ranged from the 1920’s to the present.

Jessie Burnam and Lauren Biles, chorus senior, play the part of hippie and 80's rocker. They made adjustments to their Ola Over Broadway costumes to accommodate for Decade Day.

Jessie Burnam and Lauren Biles, chorus senior, play the part of hippie and 80’s rocker. They made adjustments to their Ola Over Broadway costumes to accommodate for Decade Day.

On Monday, April 27, Ola High School’s class of 2015 kicked off senior week with Decade day. Costumes ranged from decades as early as the 1920’s to as late as the 2010’s. The costumes brought back memories to many of the teachers at Ola. Russ Lee, physics teacher, said, “These students dressing up remind me of the days that I was in high school.”

Senior week will continue with Gender Bender day, Day of the Dead, Toga day, and lastly Black Out day.

About the Writer
Salina Patel, Staff Writer

Salina is a senior and a staff writer of the Hoof Print. This is her first year of journalism but she is involved in many other organizations in the school...