Freshman Flashback to the First Day

For freshman, the first day of their high school career can bring chaos, craziness, and lots of confusion.

Sav Simpson, Social Manager

Seats in various lunch periods fill up with fresh faces to the halls of Ola High. New faces replaced those who have graduated and moved on in life.
Sav Simpson

Freshman on the first day of school can be filled with large amounts of confusion in finding their classes to nervousness when they are trying to find their friends to sit with at lunch.

Julia Thomas expected upperclassmen to tease and pick on her on the first day of her high school career. Thomas repeatedly found herself lost throughout the halls which were filled with some smaller and some larger students. “I knew where I was going in middle school and I didn’t know where I was going in the high school,”Thomas stated.

Another freshman, Marcus Confident, was absent on the first day of school and had to adjust to the chaos on the second day. Confident also expected to loose himself when moving class to class, but he was confident in himself and did not get lost.

Words that Alyssa May would describe her first day of high school would be very depressing and lonely because of the fact school was starting and because of the level of unfamili

“I didn’t get lost, but it was crowded in the hallways and it was hard to move around,” Jack Thomas said. ”

“I didn’t get lost, but it was crowded in the hallways and it was hard to move around.””

— Jack Thomas

arity in the transition from middle to high school.

“I didn’t get lost, but it was crowded in the hallways and it was hard to move around,” Jack Thomas said. Thomas was excited for his first day of his freshman year but was also nervous. Thomas states that middle school is different from high school in different ways such as more freedom and not having to follow people around.

On the same hand, Cody Hubner was nervous and excited to see what the first day had in mind for him. “I felt nervous because I didn’t know where all my classes were; I felt excited because I was in a brand new school,” Hubner said. Hubner expected the first day to be different  because it was not as advanced and complicated than his actual expectations.

As one can infer, not every experience is the same. But not every experience is different.