Mustangs Trample Warhawks

Josie Satterfield, Staff Writer

The JV football team went against the Warhawks on Thursday, October 8th. The game started with a sky kick by Junior, Yarik Sherling. Three minutes later, Caleb Nelson, Junior, scored the Mustangs’ first touchdown of the game with a 13-yard run. Although the point-after-touchdown (P.A.T.) was no good, they still had momentum on their side. Henry County answered back with a touchdown of their own, making them in the lead with a score of 7-6 by the end of the First Quarter. The Warhawks scored on a pick-six, changing the score to 13-6.

Jair Rushin, Freshman, started the Third Quarter with a three-yard run for a touchdown. Brendon Sheehy, Sophomore, forced a fumble from the Warhawks with Jaylen Campbell, Junior, recovering it. The rest of the Third Quarter was spent fighting for field position. Yet another touchdown for Ola to start off the Fourth Quarter with Nelson running the ball into the end zone for a two-point conversion. With one minute left on the board, Josh Rushin, Sophomore, scored a the last touchdown of the game. The game ended with a big hit to the Warhawks’ Quarterback by Sheehy. The Mustangs won with a final score of 26-13.

Courtesy of Taylor Watkins The boys get set on the line of scrimmage. This was just before the last touchdown of the game.
Courtesy of Taylor Watkins
The boys get set on the line of scrimmage. This was just before the last touchdown of the game.
Courtesy of Taylor Watkins The quarterback leads the team in a chant before breaking through the paper. This has been a ritual since the school opened.
Courtesy of Taylor Watkins
The quarterback leads the team in a chant before breaking through the paper. This has been a ritual since the school opened.