ELECTION 2016: Interview with Tom Hoefling

The Hoof Print’s election 2016 coverage continues this week with an interview with the America Party’s presidential candidate Tom Hoefling.

Tom Hoefling stands with his wife Siena.

Photo courtesy of tomhoefling.com

Ethan Zakrewski, News Editor

“I have a simple rule when it comes to legislation. I ask three questions ‘is it right? Is it constitutional? Is it necessary?’ If the answer to any of those questions is ‘no,’ I will reject the legislation,” stated Tom Hoefling.

Hoefling was born in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1960, and he moved to Iowa shortly after. He has lived in Iowa for most of his life since.

According to his website, “Tom is a long-time national conservative political activist, writer, publisher, organizer, and consultant. He is known primarily for his pro-life work and his defense of traditional marriage. He has also been a long-time fierce advocate for the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, private property rights, economic liberty, fundamental tax reform, secure borders, and the maintenance of American sovereignty and security through a Reaganite peace through strength foreign policy.”

In regards to his pro-life action, Hoefling stands against the government funding of planned parenthood, stating, “the idea that we can be funding mass murders is horrible.”

Hoefling is also against the legalization of gay marriage, stating “there is no such thing as gay marriage. God made marriage. It is what it is. This whole process is destroying the family and harming the First Amendment rights of those who oppose gay marriage.”

Hoefling intends to do more than just get people talking about his campaign. He hopes to take the White House this November, as he stated “the awareness of the American people to the betrayal they’ve watched under our current bipartisan system is rising. The only thing keeping this system alive is the presidential election. I want to show poeple that America can raise principled leaders who won’t kowtow to money and media. In short, I want to raise the standards of American politics.

Hoefling can be found on the web at tomhoefling.com. You can also follow him on Twitter, @tomhoefling. He can be found on Facebook at “Tom Hoefling for President 2016.”

About the Writer
Ethan Zakrewski, Online Editor and News Editor

I am a junior at Ola High School and Online and News Editor of the Hoof Print. This is my second year as a journalism student, and I'm eagerly anticipating...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “ELECTION 2016: Interview with Tom Hoefling”

1. Beverly Griffin on July 29th, 2016 4:40 pm

Why in the world is his professional and career resume not included in his bio? This is basic PR, and shouldn’t be overlooked or omitted. More pictures too please. So far, as a current Ted Cruz orphan, at least for right now, I am also very impressed with Tom Hoefling. Thanks

2. adviser on August 19th, 2016 3:45 pm

Thanks for the input; the staff is comprised of high school students learning journalism. I’ve put your tips in their feedback notebooks.

• ELECTION 2016: Interview with Tom Hoefling

Politics

First time voters cast ballots

• Politics

Governor Deal Vetoes Religious Liberty Bill

• Opinions

Do not vote for Donald Trump. Please.

• Politics

ELECTION 2016: IOWA

Politics

ELECTION 2016: Interview with Mimi Soltysik

Politics

ELECTION 2016: Where do we stand?

News

Seniors announce college decisions

Features

Seniors take a blast to the past

Features

Senior explore the opposite side

Features

Ola seniors greek out on toga day