Students mourn the loss of fellow classmate

Tasia+Marie+Gartners+2016-2017+school+photo.+

Legacy Photos

Tasia Marie Gartner’s 2016-2017 school photo.

Savannah Simpson, Managing Editor

Former Ola Mustang,Tasia Marie Gartner, died unexpectedly on June 19th, 2017 in McDonough, Ga. off of Georgia State Route 81. Gartner was 16 years of age and was born January 14th, 2001.

Gartner was struck by a vehicle, driven by 19 year old Robert Huynh, while attempting to cross the street at approximately 9:30 p.m., and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Gartner is survived by her adoptive and mother, Lisa Ragsdale and father, SSG (R) Clay Ragsdale, who gained permanent custody of Gartner after multiple issues regarding her biological parents.

Gartner participated in martial arts and was the first to receive the Master Mitt Lenix Scholarship in order to secure her educational future.

Liza Green, a friend of Gartner, admired Gartner’s ability to never give up and to persevere through the toughest of situations along with her capability to stay true to her promises. Green also admired Gartner’s capability to help anyone in need.

A GoFundMe account has been set up in efforts to raise money to pay for Gartner’s funeral expenses; once the money is raised, the funeral will be scheduled. By clicking on the link, it will guide you to the GoFundMe page.

https://www.gofundme.com/tasia-gartner

A guidance counselor will be available at Ola High School, 375 North Ola Rd from 8:00 a.m. till around 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon for any student who may need grief counseling.