HCDOT supplies residents with road closure information

Henry County Department of Transportation releases detour information for residence of North Ola Road.

Taylor Watkins, Editor-in-Chief

North Ola road will be closed due to pipe replacements on Monday starting at 9 am. Currently, there is no known date of completion for this project.

A large sign has been placed near 580 North Ola Road which is approximately where construction will begin. Though the sign was placed there awhile ago, middle school teachers received an email with more information concerning the closure on Friday.

A detour has been put in place for residents and buses that will have to drive through the area. They will be directed to take Turner Church Road to McGarity Road to Upchurch Road to Wilson Drive.

“We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and cooperation,” said the Henry County Department of Transportation in an email to schools. They encourage anyone seeking additional information to call the county office at 770-288-7650.

Photo Courtesy of the HCDOT
This photo outlines the detour available to those on North Ola. This will take place on Monday.

About the Writer
Taylor Watkins, Editor-in-Chief
I am editor-in-chief of the Hoof Print staff and a senior in my fourth year of journalism. I am looking forward to a great year with a great staff. I am also part of the gymnastics team at the school and I have my second-degree black belt. I enjoy reading and learning new things.