Food, Family, and Fireworks: Fourth of July Events in Atlanta

Fourth of July is right around the corner with all the food, fireworks, and fun one could dream of. Here are some family friendly July Fourth events that can make an unforgettable day.

Ashley Edwards, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Fireworks in the Fourth Ward:

4 July 2018

Ponce City Market will be hosting their celebration “Fireworks in Fourth Ward”. This is a family friendly and free event including games like corn hole and face painting for the kids. There will also be many food trucks and vendors for tasty food including King of Pops and more. The event will be held across the street from Ponce City Market at Historic Fourth Ward Park 5:00pm-10:00pm on July 4th.

Address: 680 Dallas St NE Atlanta, GA 30308

Fourth of July Family Fest:

4 July 2018

Henry County will be holding an event with live music, a BBQ contest, 100 vendors, and fireworks this Fourth of July. The event is free admission but it costs five dollars for parking. The Fourth of July Family Fest will be held at Warren Holder Park in Locust Grove, the rain date is set for 7 July 2018. The event will be from 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Address: 301 Club Dr, Locust Grove, GA 30248

Fourth of July Extravaganza:

4 July 2018

The Children’s Museum of Atlanta is hosting a fourth of July event consisting of  painting, singing, a musical parade with Uncle Sam, and indoor ‘fireworks’ the whole family can enjoy. Children younger than one years old are free, adults and children older than ones’ tickets range from $15.95-$18.95. Wear your 2018 Peachtree Road Race shirt to receive one half price admission per shirt. The event is held from 11:00am-4:30pm.

Address: 275 Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW Atlanta  

Fourth of July Parade:

4 July 2018

Marietta will be hosting a parade that starts at Roswell Baptist Church and proceeds West on Roswell Street. After that,  it continues North on. East Park Square, down Cherokee Street and finishes at North Marietta Parkway. The event will also have lots of food and music throughout the day and Fireworks starting at 9:30pm. The parade will start at 10:00am and the festival will be from 10:00am- 9:00pm. Fireworks will begin at 9:30pm.

Address:  774 Roswell St NE, Marietta, GA 30060 (beginning of parade)