Family and friends gather to celebrate Cali Weishauphl’s life

Weishaupl inspired positivity in her family and friends.

Katie Morris, Staff Writer

On Sept. 4, Ola High students held a candlelight vigil and lantern lighting for  Cali Weishaupl, freshman. C. Weishaupl passed away on Sept. 1 from a rare form of bone cancer, but her memories live on in her family and friends.

Dylan Miller, President of the Freshmen Student Government Association, organized the event to honor C. Weishaupl. Rainer Weishaupl, father; Rebecca Martinez, best friend; and some of her closest friends JadaKate Judkins, sophomore; Hope Mask, freshman; and Sophie Donaldson, freshmen spoke her life and their memories of her.

“She was a good person and a great friend,” Marinez said. Martinez shared C. Weishaupl’s positivity. R. Weishaupl spoke of the relationships she developed since moving here in 2011. R. Weishaupl gave the students insight into C. Weishaupl’s life and how she impacted the world.

“It was her strong faith in Jesus Christ that got her through,” Rainer said. The Weishaupl family will be hosting a Celebration of Life on Sept. 10 at Turning Point Church.

Weishaupl’s friends say their goodbyes with a lantern to a girl who will never be forgotten. Family and friends shared their grief together.

About the Writer
Katie Morris, Writer

Katie Morris, freshman, begins her journey as a first-year member of the Hoof Print staff. Born May 27, 2004, Morris lives with her parents and brother, Ryan. Morris peruses color guard, which she started in seventh grade, and loves to throw rifles and flags! Since joining the Hoof Print staff, she has been able to take pictures and grow in her writing. “Katie is a hard worker and they couldn’t see her doing anything else,” Alyssa Barfield, freshman, said.  After high school, Morris aspires to go off to the University of Florida and become a pediatric nurse. If all does not work out, Morris’s friends say that they can see her becoming some sort of performer being that she loves color guard.

1 Comment

One Response to “Family and friends gather to celebrate Cali Weishauphl’s life”

1. Janet l Morris on September 12th, 2018 4:52 pm

So sorry for the lost to be so young. We know she is in a safe in the hands of our Lord.Lord