Pep rally highlights school spirit

After+running+through+a+tunnel+of+thier+fellow+players%2C+Olas+varsity+football+team+met+in+the+center+of+the+gym.+They+chanted+their+hype+in+order+to+prepare+for+the+nights+game.+
After running through a tunnel of thier fellow players, Olas varsity football team met in the center of the gym. They chanted their hype in order to prepare for the nights game.

Katie Morris

Katie Morris

Katie Morris and Kortney Huggins

On September 29, Ola’s pep rally closes out homecoming week. The pep rally introduced the homecoming court, and the cheer team performed their routine. The Marching Mustangs also played stand tunes and the football team came out to get everyone on their feet. After the class cheer competition, David Shedd announced the winner of the spirit stick. Congratulations, class of 2019.

Mr. Shedd holds the spirit stick in celebration of Homecoming week. Right after, Shedd announced that the seniorshad won the spirit stick.

About the Writers
Katie Morris, Writer

Katie Morris, freshman, begins her journey as a first-year member of the Hoof Print staff. Born May 27, 2004, Morris lives with her parents and brother, Ryan. Morris peruses color guard, which she started in seventh grade, and loves to throw rifles and flags! Since joining the Hoof Print staff, she has been able to take pictures and grow in her writing. “Katie is a hard worker and they couldn’t see her doing anything else,” Alyssa Barfield, freshman, said.  After high school, Morris aspires to go off to the University of Florida and become a pediatric nurse. If all does not work out, Morris’s friends say that they can see her becoming some sort of performer being that she loves color guard.

Kortney Huggins, Writer

Kortney Huggins, junior, at Ola High School and first-year reporter on the “Hoof Print” staff. Pursues a career in journalism, due to her love of writing. Besides newspaper, you can find her on the field during half-time with the Ola Marching Mustangs, Color Guard. In her free time, Huggins likes to shop, take naps, and eat chicken wings. Friends would describe Huggins as funny, sassy, and caring, while also being a full-time friend.