Time stops for no one

Bronlyn Holland, senior, cheers on the Mustangs at Dutchtown High School. Holland cherished her time at her second away game.

Stacey Holland

Stacey Holland

Bronlyn Holland, Editor in Chief

Seniors, this is our last year walking through the doors of Ola High without needing a visitors pass. This is the last time we have a seven-period schedule and a bell that rings every 49 minutes.

Last week was our last high school homecoming and our last time going to school dressed head to toe in glitter and tutus. It was our last time dressing by class.

Some of us suffered through our last SGA- hooray! We will cherish those moments yelling at each other about who has tape or a ladder. It does not really hit you until you start thinking of ideas for next year but then realize those ideas will not matter, because you will not be there.

This is our last time standing in those cramped stands of a high school stadium under those Friday Night Lights cheering on our Mustangs. Listening to the band play ESPN when you come back for a game when you are home from college will sound completely different than how it sounded from that taped off section.

Right now, we need to cherish moments like the pep rallies and parking lot tailgates and anything that falls between the two. Time flies by.

For me, being a cheerleader and just now  being a rookie as a senior, I am cherishing every moment on those sidelines. Senior year is the time to try something new that you have always wanted to do, and, for me, the decision to be a cheerleader came about when all I wanted to do was cheer at the homecoming game.

My motto for senior year is “I would rather try and fail than live with the regret of what if.” It is a great motto for this year because this is the time to make things happen.

I was scared about trying out and I almost did not make it to tryouts because of the fear. If I had let that fear stand in my way, I would not be down on the sidelines making such great friends who turned into sisters and having so much fun. Instead, I would be standing in the “O-Zone” asking myself “what if I had tried out?”.

Senior year is the time to go all out and participate in as many events offered and take the most pictures your phone can hold.

It is crazy to think how, just yesterday, we were coloring pages with numbers on them. Now, we are writing our college admission essays. In less than a year now, most of us will be sitting in lecture halls with 300 people instead of 25.

Most of us will start the journey of our new season of life as FAFSA opens this week. We will become committed to our college pathway and we will be turning in our applications crossing our fingers and praying we receive the package that reads “Accepted” across the front of it.

We will be going our separate ways and will not be seeing each other at the four-way stop right there on North Ola road. We have to say goodbye at some point, i. It’s hard to digest, right?

High school does not last forever, but memories do.

About the Writer
Bronlyn Holland, Editor in Chief

Bronlyn Holland, a well-organized and kind-hearted senior of many talents, enters her fourth and final year of High School here at Ola. Holland has concluded to make this her most intriguing year yet. Along with playing golf for Ola High School since her 9th grade year, Holland happens to also be an Ola High School cheerleader, but getting active isn’t the only thing that she prides herself on. For her fourth consecutive year on the Journalism/Newspaper staff, Holland holds the title of editor and chief. When Holland isn’t breaking 100’s, chanting on the sideline for your Ola Mustangs, or working on the staff, she loves to color and read different types of genres, pointing back to her well-organized and self-sufficient ways.