Learning center hosts Winter Reading Challenge:

The+Winter+Reading+Challenge+is+to+promote+reading+among+students+and+staff.+The+challenge+began+Friday+before+Christmas+break+and+runs+through+February+15.+

The Winter Reading Challenge is to promote reading among students and staff. The challenge began Friday before Christmas break and runs through February 15.

Kortney Huggins

Kortney Huggins

Kortney Huggins

Kortney Huggins, Staff Writer

This month, the Learning Center challenges students and faculty for their first Winter reading Challenge. The challenge encourages students and staff to read multiple genres of books.

“I was just looking for something to do as a promotion for reading,” Stacey Caldwell, media specialist, said.

Caldwell discovered this challenge online and modified it to for the needs of students and faculty at Ola. Students and faculty can pick up their versions of the card from the media center.

“It’s just something different, something to get people wanting to read and just to promote reading,” Caldwell said.

Kortney Huggins
Alexis Dunn reads for the Winter Reading Challenge. The Challenge encourage students to read diverse books.

Those who want to participate can pick up the challenge card from the media center at any time. Participants must have the winning Bingo card with the spaces filled up/down, side-to-side, or diagonally in order to qualify for an entry.

“Every entry will get you into the drawing for the grand prize which is the Kindle Fire. We’ll draw for that first, and then after that, we have some consolation prizes,” said Caldwell.

Each winning card will count as an entry for prizes that will be given out at the end of the challenge. All entries are due to the media center by Feb. 15. Winners will be announced on Feb. 26.