Super Bowl snack-time

Gaby Holub, Social Media Manager

The big game is finally here and Super Bowl weekend is in high gear. Everyone is out buying food for the parties and viewing parties they are hosting at their houses. Here are four easy recipes that take little to no time to make to keep your guests fed and happy and allow you to enjoy the game from the living room, not the kitchen.

1) Spinach Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:

½ Cup of Mayonnaise

½ Cup of Sour Cream

1 Clove of Garlic (Finely Chopped)

1 Chopped Artichoke

1 8oz Bag of Spinach (Finely Chopped)

Steps:

First mix the mayonnaise and sour cream in a mixing bowl together until it is smooth. Next fold in the artichoke and spinach slowly adding little by little until it is all incorporated. Final step is too fold in the garlic and chill for 2 hours before serving. For best results serve with crackers. The end result leaves you with a fast and easy delicious appetizer to settle your guests during the pre-game show.

2)  Deviled Eggs with a kick

Ingredients:

8 Eggs

¼ Cup of Mayonnaise

2 Tablespoons of Mustard

1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder

1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper

Dash of Paprika to Garnish

Steps:

Boil eggs in pot of water for 25 minutes. Make sure there is an inch of water above the top of the eggs. When the time is done run them under cold water for five minutes to cool down and then peel. After peeling, cut each egg in half and remove the yolk and put in mixing bowl. Once all yolks are removed, add in ingredients and mix. Put mixture into piping bag and pipe into each empty egg shell and garnish with a dash of paprika. You now have an easy recipe to make on the fly that takes less than 3o min in total.

3) Italian Sloppy Joe Sliders

Ingredients:

1 lb of Lean Ground Beef

1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning

1 Can of Man-which

8 slider buns

Steps:

Turn heat to medium and let meat brown until fully cooked. While meat is cooking, toast buns to plate after. After the meat is done cooking sprinkle Italian seasoning into meat and then add Man-Which sauce. Once plated stick toothpick through top of the bun to hold the slider together for a clean easy bite. Your guests will go crazy for these little guys.

4) Twice Baked Potato Footballs

Ingredients:

8 Potatoes

Canola Oil

Salt and Pepper

3 oz of Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Sour Cream

¼ Cup of Half and Half

1 Stick of Unsalted Butter

Steps:

First wash and scrub all potatoes to get rid of any remaining dirt. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place potatoes on baking sheet and rub Canola oil on each potato and sprinkle salt. Bake for one hour and when the timer beeps, check potato to see if they are cooked by sticking with a toothpick, if the toothpick goes cleanly through, the potatoes are done, if not put back in for 10 minute increments till fully cooked. While potatoes are in the oven, melt the butter and place in mixing bowl with half and half, ½ oz of the cheese and salt and pepper. Mix until texture is smooth. Once the potatoes are removed, cut in half and scoop out insides into the same mixing bowl leaving ½ of potato left in the skin for support. Once the inside of the potato has been mixed with the wet ingredients, put back into the skins and sprinkle with cheese on top and place back into over for another 15 minutes. Once removed when it is finished cooking, let cool for 15 minutes and then place sour cream into piping bag and pipe the football stitching onto baked potato. You are left with a cute and delicious appetizer sure to impress your football fans.

About the Contributor
Gaby Holub, Social Media Manager

The bilingual and writing fanatic, Gabrielle “Gaby" Holub, senior, runs the Social Media side of Hoof Print. Her love for writing blossoms from the support...