Prom is here, so where’s your dress?

Dresses+showcased+at+Girli+Girl+Boutique.+Girli+Girl+is+one+of+the+many+dress+shops+in+Atlanta+for+your+prom+dress+needs.+

Prom is here, so where’s your dress?

Dresses showcased at Girli Girl Boutique. Girli Girl is one of the many dress shops in Atlanta for your prom dress needs.

Photo courtesy of Girli Girl Boutique

Photo courtesy of Girli Girl Boutique

Photo courtesy of Girli Girl Boutique

Ashley Wilhelm, Managing Editor

With prom season just around the corner, the tuxedo rentals and the dinner reservations are underway, and the idea of buying a prom dress is lingering in girls’ minds. Shopping for prom dresses can be tricky especially if it is your first time doing so.

1. Set a Budget

Dresses can be crazy expensive, and often not worth the price of one evening. Make sure you set a budget, so you know how much you have to spend. Remember that the employees are here to help you! They can show you where you should be looking for your price range. At the end of the day, no one will be able to tell if you spent $30 or $300 on your dress- it’s the memories that matter!

1. Give Yourself Enough Time

Make sure that you do not wait last minute to find your winning dress! Ensuring your size and making alterations should not be something to be rushed. Especially since it takes a lot of time to find ‘The One’, sometimes over two hours in one store.

1. Find a Dress That Makes YOU happy

Don’t give into trends for prom, make sure you find something that compliments your body and your skin tone.

“[The perfect dress is] one that makes you feel confident and classy as well as comfortable,” Regan Zakrewski, junior, said.

Trends this year can be classified as two pieces and low-back cuts. Straying from these trends is not only okay but is encouraged.

“I look for something that’s going to stand out, like a different style or color then I know most people are going for,” Meredith Greene, senior, said.

Straying from trends is a great way to ensure originality as well as avoiding having the same dress as someone else.

“I do care if someone has the same dress as me because I don’t want them to wear it better or I don’t want people to think that I stole the dress from them,” Ariana Davis, senior, said.

1. Remember That You Don’t Have To Order Online

Though ordering your prom dress may be easier and more convenient, it may not be advised. Despite the better prices on the online alternatives, it’s worth spending the extra money and getting the dress in store that you know will fit and that you’re going to love.

“You aren’t the model in the picture, everybody’s body is different,” Davis said.

1. Don’t Stress

Prom is meant for positive vibes and memories for you to carry throughout your life, so do not get hung up on your dress. Instead, focus on the people you choose to surround yourself with and the feelings you are feeling right now. Remember that you are young, and it is okay to not be the best. It’s okay to not have the fanciest dress or the most expensive earrings because that doesn’t carry you through life- your character does.